Blog about Fitness tips and advice from the view point of the Big Guy. I enjoy living an active lifestyle, and if I could inspire a few people along the way, then I have achieved something.
Monday, September 1, 2014
How to survive a late night FOOD-RECTION
"The time, 3:45am. and I cant shut my eyes. The sandman must be sleeping with the fishes, because he hasn't paid me a visit in days. Tossing and turning in bed like a like an addict who needs his fix, my mind in going in circles. My drug I so desperately need? Sleep. I hear a rumble down below. Shes calling me again. That wench named hunger, and she brought her friends boredom with her. The dynamic duo they are, who can wreak havoc on a diet faster then termites at grammies house. I feel a burning in my loins. My pacing has took me right to the fridge on the dark cold corner of Cravings ave. I think about opening it, the recently stocked vessel has everything a growing boy wants. My palms are sweaty, my mind racing. I take a step back and breathe. Daring not to risk all the hard work I put in. As I walk back to my warm bed, a smile creeps across my face. Hunger.... boredom... you almost got me."
Thank you, thank you. My Noir Crime/ self-help mash up will be out by next year. As dramatic as it all sounds, I think we all faced this at many points in our personal health life. I know I've lost that battle many times and my life. Insomnia is a very real thing, it prevents muscle growth, limits energy throughout the day, and worst of all, makes you prone to eating super late, and ruining your progress. So here's what I learned from my mistakes and hopefully these nuggets of advice will help you if you are plagued with a late night Food-rection.
Know your goal and shut your mouth!
As simple as it is, reminding yourself of what your working towards goes a long way in keeping your eating habits in check, especially during late night crave sessions. Your mind is the absolute best weapon against poor decisions, unfortunately we tend to lose it quite a bit in the wee hours of the morning. Don't let that Food-rection win! So say it out loud, create a mantra, look a picture of the 'old you' that you want to surpass, anything. You will eventually sleep, you may wake up tired, but not guilty.
keep yourself busy
If you absolutely can't sleep at night, under any circumstance, at least do something that will make you not think of eating. Food-rections come and go, so when you feel one coming, its time to find something to do till it passes.
A perfect example I could give you is what i'm doing for myself right now. I created this blog, not just to help inspire myself, and others. I do it to fill in gaps until I do get sleepy. The more occupied you are, the least time you have to get bored, then hungry... then guilty.
YouTube, Netflix, or even your favorite news source, all great ways to blow through time if you CAN'T sleep.
If you don't use it you lose it
I think the thing that helped me more then anything when dealing with insomnia and Food-rections. The second you start feeling tired, jump in bed! Well, don't jump, but you know what I mean. What use to happen to me often is I would get tired, wait too long to go in bed, and by the time I finished reading my article, or watching my show, I wouldn't be sleepy by the time I was good and ready when the show was over.
Seriously, Insomnia is terrible for any diet plan your on. Remember what were working towards, and you can fight the urge any Food-rection could throw at you. Lets work every day to get where are trying to go.
Big Guy Tips
Labels:
boredom,
depression,
Diet,
Eating,
emotional,
Exercise,
Fasting,
Insomnia,
Late night,
Sleeping,
Weight lifting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment