Thursday, September 4, 2014

Big Eats: Build a better breakfast for under 550 calories!


Who doesn't love breakfast? I know I do. They say its the most important meal of the day, that doesn't mean its got to taste like cardboard and leave you unsatisfied. Here is a quick, simple combination that will satisfy your taste buds and your conscious.

Heat up a pan and throw in some non-stick cooking spray of your liking, I like my meat so I use pork roll to satisfy that craving. One serving size is 170 calories usually. Fry it up the way you like it, I like mine a little burnt to add a crisp to it, however you like it is fine. You can even sub it for bacon if you like, Just make sure your mind full of the serving size.

While the pork roll is cooking, I crack about 5 egg whites in a bowl, start beating, and throw in a pinch of steak seasoning. Don't forget to take out a couple pieces of cheese. I love love me some Velveeta american cheese slices, and If you could find the 35 calorie version of it, your diet will love it too. Two slices of cheese is a bit excessive, but I like my flavors big, so give me a pass on that one.
After the pork roll is done and the pan is freed up, I throw my egg whites right in and take out two frozen waffles. Blueberry frozen waffles have become a real treat to me, so 2 will satisfy my carb cravings. I hate pouring on the calories so Sugar free syrup is the way to go for me. It doesn't taste as good as regular syrup, but certain sacrifices have to made for a diet. I talked about in an earlier blog that people can pour on up to 400 calories of syrup on there plate, so your waistline will thank me when I say go for the sugar free.

Throw it all on a plate and enjoy a hearty, satisfying breakfast, that will leave your tummy full and your guilt free for another day. It may not be the best in terms of protein, and carbs, but boy at under 550 calories, you can't go wrong. Happy eating ladies and gentleman.

This meal is built to satisfy.
Overview:

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15- 20 minutes

Ingredients:
Pork roll
5 egg whites
Pinch of steak seasoning
2 Velveeta cheese slices
Frozen Blueberry waffles
Non-Stick cooking spray

Macros:

Cals: 535
Total Fat: 24g
Carbs: 57g
Protein: 36g

BIG GUY TIPS

No comments:

Post a Comment