Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Low fat, Low* carb, 100+ Grams of protein 30 minute make shift meal!


So your busy chugging along your day, and forget to prepare a meal (or two), and you want to eat properly, keep your macros in check, and continue to build muscle, but have little time to work with. Its a common thing for everyone in a semi active lifestyle. So I figured to help you with my ace in the hole, I'll share one of my quickest protein packed meals that is both filling, satisfying, albeit different. Just bare with me when you hear the ingredients. Scroll right to the bottom and check out those macros if you don't believe me!

Are we back? Good, now that I got your attention.
I start by getting a nice pot of water and set it on the stove, preparing to boil. While that's working I get a baking sheet, hit it with some non stick cooking spray, and throw 3 pieces of pre-packaged tilapia on it (about 4 oz each), season it with a pinch of steak seasoning, garlic and onion powder, and drizzle it with honey mustard, top em off with a pinch of bread crumbs and your set. Pop it in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes, and your good to go.

Remember that pot of water, that should be boiling? Yea, that's where it may get weird. because one of my favorite sides has quickly become Egg Salad. Its full of flavor, packed with protein, and depending on how you make it, low on everything else. I use Miracle whip light to add taste to my egg salad, but light mayo works too. I only use 1 whole egg (for texture), the rest I only use the whites of the boiled egg.

Serve it up with some 40 calorie per slice bread, toasted, and you are now ready to eat one of the fastest 100+ grams of protein on your life. Enjoy.


Overview:

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes total (15 for the Tilapia)

Ingredients:
Tilapia fillets (3)
Steak seasoning
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Honey Mustard
Italian bread crumbs
Miracle Whip light
5 eggs (1 whole egg, 4 egg whites)
40 calorie per slice bread

Macros:

Cals: 810
Total Fat: 19g
Carbs: 45g
Protein: 113g


No comments:

Post a Comment