Sunday, August 31, 2014

Big Eats: Just in time for labor day, This Protein packed meal is big on flavor and under 600 calories!


One certain in life persist for me, I love big flavor. I cant think of a better excuse to get big flavor then during the holidays. You have an excuse to fire up the grill, flip your brain switch to "cave man", and gorge in public without getting too much attention. I didn't have my grill handy, but this meal just screamed summer and I had to share. A Big Guy Tip strait from my kitchen, to your stomach.

I have two rules i generally follow (most of the time): Eat clean and eat simple. This one falls closer to the simple decree. It doesn't get much easier then meat and bread. I started out with a package of Gianelli Sweet Italian sausage on a non stick pan fired up and lightly coated with some Non-stick cooking spray, you can substitute it with a different sausage if you like. Just make sure its not too many calories if you want the full effect. Slice a a whole onion in the pan to let the flavors soak in for onion goodness.
the secret to the calorie restriction is the bun. I choose Sara Lee 80 calorie Delightful hot dog buns which i find the most not cardboard tasting and quite good compared to other low calorie buns.

Once fully cooked and slapped on bun, 2 of these bad boys are about 580 calories. With just under 50 grams of protein in the meal, its sure to fill you up and keep those gains filled.



Overview

Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes (or however you like your meat)

Ingredients: Gianelli Sweet Italian Sausage, Sara lee 80 calorie Delightful hot dog buns, Non stick cooking spray, Chopped onions, Condiments of choice.

Macros:

(2 links)
Cals: 576
Total fat: 25g
Carbs: 48g
Protein: 49g






No comments:

Post a Comment